Sunday, April 29, 2012
This Week in Colorado Beer
Blogging's been a little slow during the legislative session, so I thought I'd try breaking my funk with an old idea .... promoting Colorado beer (and hopefully spurring myself to attend a couple of these events this week).
Beer Pairing Dinners
* Wednesday, 7-8:30 p.m., Bridgewater Grill in Golden: The Colorado Brewers Guild hosts the latest in its beer dinner series at the restaurant with Ska Brewing, which is trucking up some True Dubbel Blonde and Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter for the occasion, mixing with goodies like chocolate chip and cherry ice cream sandwiches. $40.
* Big Brew Day is coming on Saturday. For those who have never homebrewed, call a friend who does and ask to join them. And if you already homebrew, call a friend who doesn't and invite them over. It's a great celebration from the American Homebrewers Association.
* Sunday: Fort Collins Brewery released its 1900 Amber - aged in Dancing Pines whiskey barrels.
* Sunday: Oskar Blues released its 15th Anniversary Abbey Ale in cans in celebration of, well, its 15th anniversary.
* Monday, 5 p.m.: Pikes Peak Brewing in Monument taps a firkin of Cherry Rocky Wheat.
* Tuesday: Pateros Creek Brewing of Fort Collins taps its Outpost Scotch Ale, a daring wee heavy coming from a brewery known for its session ales.
New taproom hours
* Upslope Brewing of Boulder began opening today on Sundays. It will operate from noon to 7 p.m. on Sundays going forward.